During my partner's and I one-year anniversary trip to the beautiful city of Minneapolis, we dined at an array of local venues and tasted a variety of unique cuisines, but there was dished that impressed me the most, in-fact this one hit closest to home: I had my very first, good old fashioned American gourmet Ribeye Steak!
Even though it might've cost a pretty penny, it was totally worth it! Everything was just the right texture, the right amount of crisp, and mouthwatering buttery flavor. If it was up to me, I would have Ribeye steak almost every night...but, I'm not the best at grilling, or searing and my partner knows this too. So I went online a purchased a secret little weapon to help me along the way... my very own Meat it+ Thermometer. Its been so useful to me in so many ways, but most importantly, to satisfy my cravings! This tool basically cooks the meat for me, I mean, it even alerts me when the steak is up to temp! Now I don't even think about cooking, and I always end up with perfectly cooked steak each and every time. Don't tell my partner!
After watching numerous videos, I finally found the simplest, secret formula to recreating the best Ribeye Steak I've ever tasted, and I want to give you the scoop too!
4 (12-ounce) rib-eye steaks*, 1 1/4-inch-thick, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE GARLIC COMPOUND BUTTER
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- To make the garlic compound butter, combine butter, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, thyme, rosemary, basil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer mixture to parchment paper; shape into a log. Roll in parchment to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, twisting the ends to close. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 week.*
- Preheat oven to broil. Place an oven-proof skillet in the oven.
- Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the skillet from the oven and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place the steak on the skillet and gently place your Meat It + Thermometer in until steak is up to temp. Leave on the skillet until a dark crust has formed, about 1 minute. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 60 seconds.
- Remove your Meat It+ Thermometer, place skillet into the oven, and cook until the desired doneness is reached, about 4-5 minutes for medium-rare, flipping once. Let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with garlic compound butter.
Need a little help in the kitchen? Don't forget to purchase your own Meat it+ Thermometer. Psst, it'll be our own little secret!
Click here to see more innovative kitchen products at https://mastrad-paris.us/